Meet…your newest excuse to start the day with chocolate! Loaded with goodness and amazing texture, this granola is truly epic and so easy to prepare. One of my favorite things about it? You can use this granola recipe as a starting point, and mix and make it your own in so many ways. This homemade chocolate granola recipe is naturally sweetened with honey, and combined with dark chocolate chunks and sweet cranberries. A delicious homemade granola that that is easy and quick to put together!
This homemade chocolate granola is loaded with all sorts of goodies: old fashioned rolled oats, coconut chips, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, cocoa powder, melted butter, honey, cranberries, and, last but certainly not least, dark chocolate chunks. Feel free to swap out the almonds for other nuts or seeds or substitute the cranberries with other dried fruit.
- Old-fashioned oats: Also known as rolled oats. (if you would like this recipe to be gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten free oats.)
- Nuts: I almost always use almonds in my granola. But feel free to replace them with your favorite nuts or seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds: They add an extra dash of crunch!
- Coconut chips: I like to use coconut chips in my granola for some extra texture. Any coconut would work too.
- Cocoa Powder: Well because … chocolate!
- Pinch of salt: To help bring out the flavor.
- Melted butter: I know the trend is usually to use coconut oil! However all you need is a type of melted fat here … so melted butter works just as well and believe me you wont even notice! You can also use any preferred kind of oil.
- Honey: To add that great natural sweetness!
- Vanilla extract or paste: For that extra flavor.
- Dark chocolate chunks: I absolutely love dark chocolate, it is my favourite! This extra chocolate is optional here, but I’m going to guess that everyone will be on board.
- Dried cranberries: Lots of antioxidants and vitamins beneficial for your body.
- You will also need a mixing bowl, a large baking sheet and parchment paper.
This chocolate granola happens to make an excellent and nutritional breakfast add-on when served with a healthy source of protein such as Greek yogurt! You can also opt out for a plant based yogurt as well!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GRANOLA
Granola is one of those recipes that is so easy to make. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and you can have it in and out of the oven in 30 minutes.
- Toss together (most of) the dry ingredients. Oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cocoa powder, pinch of salt.
- Add the wet ingredients. Add in the melted butter, honey and vanilla. Give everything a good toss until it’s evenly mixed. Spread the mixture out evenly on a large parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake. Let the mixture bake at 120°C for 30 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven at the 15 minute mark, give it a quick mix and place back in the oven for the remaining fifteen minutes. Then remove from the oven and give the mixture another thorough stir.
- Let the granola cool. Wait for about 20 minutes, or until the granola has completely cooled to room temperature.
- Add your mix-ins. Finally, stir in the chocolate, coconut chips and cranberries or any other mix-ins that you might prefer.
- Enjoy! You can either serve the granola right away or transfer the granola to a sealed container, and it should keep for up to 1 month.
This Healthy Chocolate Granola recipe is a great treat that’s perfect for breakfast, dessert, and snacking! ♡ If you’re like me and you love those kinds of textural, salty-sweet things, this is the perfect granola for you! Also, pairing granola with some Greek yogurt has been my thing lately! I find it so delicious and satisfying. If you love Greek yogurt as much as I do, you will love some of this delicious chocolate granola sprinkled on top!
Did you make this recipe?
This Chocolate Granola recipe is super-easy to make, naturally sweetened with honey, chocolatey and delicious. Let me know how this recipe turns out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram.
|2cups rolled oats|
|60g coconut chips|
|60g sliced almonds|
|50g pumpkin seeds|
|2tbsp cocoa powder|
|60g unsalted butter melted|
|1tsp vanilla paste|
|75g dark chocolate (chopped)|
|50g dried cranberries|
|pinch of salt|